BioXclude™ is a processed, dehydrated and sterilized graft composed of allograft amnion and chorion tissue (300 µm thick). Each allograft undergoes Purion®, a proprietary tissue processing technology designed to cleanse and maintain the delicate structure of tissues. BioXclude can be stored at room temperature and possesses a five year shelf life. For additional information, please refer to the BioXclude Fact Sheet.
- Composed of immunoprivileged tissue1
- Reduces inflammation at the wound site
- Contains laminin and laminin-52
- Minimal trimming needed; can be folded onto itself and placed over exposed roots
- Tightly adapts over placed bone graft and proximal bony walls
- Does not need to be secured into place with sutures or tacks
Due to its unique biological and physical properties, BioXclude can be folded onto itself, placed over exposed roots or implants, minimizing the need for precise trimming. Placed dry, as it comes in contact with the surrounding fluids, BioXclude will tightly conform to the surface of the surgical site. BioXclude does not have to be secured into place with sutures. Primary closure should be attempted but is not required. For additional information, please refer to the BioXclude Handling Instructions.
BioXclude is for single use only and is available in four sizes.
|10mm by 13mm|
|10mm by 25mm|
|15mm by 20mm|
|20mm by 30mm|
1. Chen, E, Tofe A. A literature review of the safety and biocompatibility of amnion tissue. Journal Impl & Adv Clin Dent 2010; 2(3): 67-75.
2. Xenoudi P, Lucas M. Comparison of porcine and amnion chorion resorbable collagen membranes using immunohistochemistry. IADR 2011, San Diego, CA March 16-19; Abstract #146797.